Tuesday, July 15, 2008

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things













Jared LOVES bubbles. All kids love bubbles but Jared's love goes much further than that. He is truly giddy when there are bubbles and he never gets tired of them. And I mean never. He can sit for hours, laughing crazily if someone is willing to sit and blow them for him. The kidney clinic keeps bubbles stocked up for Jared and Jill, the child life specialist, knows that if Jared is on the schedule that she better show up for bubbles because he is expecting them. She is terrific and always spends a long time blowing bubbles for him at each appointment. It tends to keep him a little calmer and he laughs and laughs his way through his appointments. Many people who have seen Jared with bubbles will say that they have never seen a child get so truly delighted with bubbles! Wouldn't it be great if all of us could get such a natural high from such a simple thing as a bubble?










Alyssa LOVES to dance and sing. She basically skips, twirls and sings through each and every day. She sings as she walks down the stairs in the morning, she sings as she eats breakfast, she sings and dances as she brushes her teeth, she sings in the bathroom, she sings in the car (much to the annoyance of her big brother), she sings as she eats. Well, you get the picture. Ever since she has been old enough to sit and make sounds, she has not stopped singing and dancing. Oh how I wish that I could have just a smidgen of her energy and zest for life!








Tyler LOVES building things. Lego's, K'nex, Rok'nbox, sticks, anything that can be turned into a ship or a jet or some alien weapon. He loves to create the newest weapon to defend the planet. The only problem with his creativity is that he can't stand to destroy them so as a result he runs out of building supplies and his room is covered with all of his creations. I have been really amazed at some of the cool things that he has built. So if you hear of a new jet fighter that can morph into several different fighting machines then look for Tyler's name. He just may have designed it!

2 comments:

Mickel said...

Hi Becca! It's Mickel, from high school--you know, that place we went to together 16 YEARS AGO! Can you believe it was that long ago? I linked to your blog through Heidi's. Hope you don't mind. Your children are beautiful and your little Jared is such a miracle. What amazing parents you are! I can't even imagine what it's like to face the challenges you face every day. If you'd like an invite to my blog, send me your e-mail address at shaunsampson@skyviewmail.com

Aleena said...

WOW, They all look so much older! They are growing up! It has almost been a year since Paul and I moved to Texas and it is great to see that everyone is enjoying their summer. Jared looks good and I am happy that things are starting to improve, that little guy is a fighter and he deserves every accomplishment that he makes in his life, big or small. I am also excited that you will be getting Skittles! That will be so much fun for Tyler and Alyssa. I can just see them handling the Kittie with such care and including Skittles in all their imaginative games. Happy Anniversary! our 2 and 1/2 years has nothing on 13! Sometimes it feels we have been married for 13 and sometimes if feels we just met.I miss you all and think about you often, we hope to make a trip to Utah next year, but it is so hard to plan. it seem that once you do, things change in a moment. I don't want to write a novel, so I will call and talk to you later.
Aleena