10 years ago
Sunday, July 13, 2008
SKITTLES!
The kids and I have been wanting a cat for a long time, however Jeff is quite allergic to them so it has never been an option. A year ago I started researching different cat breeds that are better for allergy sufferers and I found out about the Siberian Cat. The Siberian cat breed is a natural breed that is originally from Russia. They are long haired, big, beautiful, friendly cats and the best part is that they tend to be hypo-allergenic to many allergy sufferers. After a long search and a really long wait on the waiting list we were able to pick out a kitten from a breeder in Salt Lake yesterday. He is so cute and we will probably be able to bring him home in another 2-4 weeks. The kids were soooooo excited and didn't want to leave him behind. They AMAZINGLY agreed on the name Skittles on the way home and so we are now anxiously awaiting the arrival of the newest member of our family! We still aren't positive that Jeff won't have problems with him, but we are really hoping that it will work out. We'll be bathing him once a month and brushing him often and he won't be allowed to go outside, hoping that these steps will help with the allergies. I think that this little kitten will be such a great thing, especially for Tyler. His anxiety still tends to hit the roof sometimes and every time he is with a cat he just calms down so quickly. I'm really hoping that it will be therapeutic for him. Hopefully he will be a permanent member of the family soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment