My growing up years were perfect. My parents were wonderful, I had great siblings, I grew up knowing that I could do anything that I put my mind too, I had fabulous friends who were positive influences in my life, and I knew that I was a daughter of God. To say that I had led a rather sheltered life would be an understatement. Life was good. Life was easy.
The older that I get, the more I am realizing that life is hard! It is full of so much happiness and goodness, but it is also full of such deep heartache and sorrow. Our little family has had our own challenges, but ours seem so easy compared to the challenges and sorrows that others experience. Sometimes I just want to yell "Enough! These good people have had enough!" My heart breaks for so many.
Today, a beautiful, perfect little angel, returned home to live with her Heavenly Father. She was 11 months old. She was born with a very serious congenital heart defect and has struggled from the very beginning. Her family is an amazing family full of such incredible faith and love. She received a heart transplant a week ago but it was not meant to be. The heart went into failure immediately and today she returned to her heavenly home. It is amazing how a family and a child that you have never met can become such a part of your life. I never met Gracie and her family personally, but I feel such sorrow for them. Little Gracie touched so many people in the time that she spent on Earth. She has been a blessing to so many and I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have that she will be reunited with her family and they will be a family forever!
One of my dear friends that I grew up with is currently in the middle of a divorce. Her husband is addicted to some very dangerous things, and after giving him 12 years of "another chance", she feels like staying with him would begin to influence their children in negative ways. After spending days and days praying and fasting, she feels that it is time to move on. The hardest part of this decision for her, was knowing how difficult it would be for her children. This decision was not made lightly. She has agonized over it! When we were happy, innocent, kids, we had such grand plans for how our lives would turn out. This was not part of the picture! But Holly is amazing! She has such faith, and love, and trust in God, and she knows that somehow, everything will be alright.
Yes, life is hard. But the amazing part of trials, is the growth that takes place within us as we struggle. I look back on different trials that I have experienced and although they were so hard, I wouldn't change them. I can see the person that I have become and all that I have learned, and I wouldn't change a thing. Heavenly Father knows us so well. He knows what we can handle and what we need to be able to get through such difficult times. I have often felt that angels have surrounded our little family during particular challenges and I know that we have been given so many wonderful tender mercies during times when we have needed them most. Sometimes I wish that I could still hide away in my little bubble of innocence, but that is not God's plan. We cannot truly appreciate the Joy without first experiencing the sorrow. This knowledge doesn't take away the pain, but it gives us hope of a better day!
10 years ago






2 comments:
You know, Becca, not everyone can say that and really, truly understand it. You can and I appreciate these words from you. Another sorrow for our Hadley this week and I have been feeling very sorry for her but you lifted my spirits. Thanks!
Becca.. Thanks for posting this. I really needed to hear that right now. You're amazing and I love you!
Post a Comment