Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Surgery

Jared has surgery tomorrow. He is getting his tonsils and adenoids removed and tubes put in his ears. I wonder if we can get a three for one special? :) For some reason I have been more nervous about this surgery than I was for his transplant! How crazy is that? But, I think that I have figured out why. His transplant was a life or death situation. Without a transplant he would not live so there was no question that it was going to happen. Also, because he was on the waiting list I had absolutely no idea when it would happen. When the call did come it was such a crazy, surreal moment and it was done and over before I had too much to time to freak out about it! This surgery is a common surgery that many kids have but I still worry about infection and complications. And I feel bad putting him through more pain. So, I start to doubt myself, wondering if I have made the right decision to put him through this. I have also had way too much time to think about it! I'm sure that he will be fine. He is one tough little guy. It just makes me sad that he has to go through so many unpleasant things. People have told me that the recovery is pretty miserable. So I just plan on doing a lot of snuggling over the next couple of weeks!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Good luck tomorrow. I think your logic for being more worried is totally normal. Can I bring you dinner sometime? I'll call you and check on that post surgery!

Hugs & Prayers,
Christina

misha~sha-sha said...

I was thinking about you yesterday. I hope everything went well!

Anna said...

We had a tonsillectomy at our house. It was a bit nerve-wracking, but E. did just fine. It was a long recovery, but lots of cold things to eat helped a lot. His Primary teacher brought over some frozen juice pops for him, and our home teacher brought over some ice cream for him. E. didn't seem to get any secondary infections or anything. Hope his recovery is going well.