Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Some of Jared's Angels


Jared had an appointment today with his medical, physical, rehabilitation doctor. Wow that is quite the title! I wanted her to see how Jared was walking because of a few concerns that i have so I took his walker with us. Jared hasn't really walked anywhere with his walker except for at home, so he was so excited to be able to walk at the hospital today! He was absolutely in heaven! He was so excited to be able to go where he wanted to go. He loved walking on and off of the elevators by himself and you could just tell by the look on his face that he loved the feeling of independence that it gave him. He was so HAPPY!


As we were getting ready to leave, we walked by the lab and I thought that Jared's favorite lab techs would enjoy seeing him walk. Luckily, they weren't busy at that moment and they all came running. They were so excited to see him up and walking! They have only ever seen him in his stroller or in my arms. One of our favorite lab techs is Joel. He is so sweet to Jared and is able to draw Jared's blood in one poke every time! That definitely gets him bonus points! :) He has been drawing Jared's labs for a long time now and has been watching him grow up. As he was watching Jared walk he started getting emotional. He was just so excited to see Jared walking! These awesome lab techs. have to be the mean guys day in and day out as they have to poke child after child. It must be so nice for them to see a child that has been so sick, developing and happy! We have been so blessed to have such amazing "angels" caring for our Jared. They sincerely love and care for him and knowing them has been one of the greatest blessings Jared's challenges have brought us! Thank you our dear angels!!!!

1 comment:

misha~sha-sha said...

Thanks for your comment. If you only knew how often I think of you and Jared while I'm at the hospital. I was thinking on Friday, "I hate this place." But then I had to remind myself how lucky we are that we have a world class facility so close. And...I have to remind myself that you are there so much more often than I am. I have no right to complain. You are always in our thoughts and prayers, too. Do you need help this week? What kind of surger does Jared need? Call me if we can take Alyssa or bring dinner. We will be worrying about you guys!