Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A York Peppermint Patty Day


I have a wonderful friend who truly taught me to appreciate a York Peppermint Patty. This friend is what I call, borrowing from Anne of Green Gables, "a kindred spirit". From the minute we met, our friendship was an easy one. She only lived in our neighborhood for a year or so, but it was a great time. She could make me laugh SO hard that I would be crying. Her favorite treat was a York Peppermint Patty and she taught me to enjoy each and every bite. She helped me through some very difficult times, and I hope that I was able to help her as well. Even though it has been 6 years since she has moved I still glance at her house as I drive by. It will always be her house. We still keep in touch but life is busy and so it is hard to get together much, but she will always be a dear, dear friend.


Today was one of those days when you would like to be able to just go back to bed and start fresh tomorrow. The details are unimportant except that I was exhausted, as usual, and things were just crazy and didn't seem to be going my way. While Alyssa was in ballet, I ran to the store to pick up a few groceries. As I was walking to the check-out line I decided that I needed a York Peppermint Patty. That would be the solution for my not-so-fabulous day. As I was waiting in line I remembered why I like a good YPP. Sure, I enjoy the cool, minty flavor as I savor each bite, but what I really enjoy is the thought of my good friend and the times that we spent enjoying a YPP together. My outlook on my day changed as this thought process occurred.


Thanks YPP and thanks Trenaisa for helping me savor the moment today. It would have been nice to sit and laugh with you, but the next best thing was to have your spirit there with me as I savored every last bite of peppermint patty in my car today! What a blessing it is to have good friends!

1 comment:

misha~sha-sha said...

I'll share a YPP with you any day!