10 years ago
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Fireman Sam!
Jared LOVES the show Fireman Sam. The day of his birthday, we had run down to Costco to pick up a few things for his birthday party, and boy was Jared in for a treat. Costco was having their Heroes day, and there were firefighters and their trucks and helicopters their for the kids to see. Jared LOVES firetrucks and helicopters and he was so excited to see them live and in person! He even got to sit in a couple of them! One firefighter in particular was so sweet to him. When he found out that it was his birthday, and about his transplant he spent so much time visiting with him and showing him everything. Jared spent at least a half of an hour sitting in one particular HUMONGOUS firetruck. It was a firetruck that they use to go off road to fight forest fires and fires on the foot hills and it was HUGE. I kept asking Jared if he was ready to get down and just shook his head and said "NO". He was in heaven! He was enthralled by the whole experience and it was definitely a major highlight in his little life! The firefighter let him sit there for as long as he wanted to and let him push buttons and turn the steering wheel. Luckily the truck was big enough that many kids could get in and out and so I didn't feel so bad that Jared was monopolizing the truck. One of his favorite TV shows is Fireman Sam and so he calls every firetruck "Fireman Sam". "Fireman Sam" sure made his birthday extra special and I am so glad that I had my camera with me that day so that I could capture Jared's delight!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment