Monday, June 23, 2008

Kidney Disease/Transplant Funnies

Sometimes what seems like rare experiences for some are normal for those of us with sick kids. Here is our latest example.

Jared had a pretty good night last night. He stirred briefly at 6 AM and had a bout of diarrhea and then he slept for another 45 mins. At 7 AM as I was headed downstairs with him he started throwing up. It was a really good throw up. My shirt was soaked through, the rag that I had was soaked and there was still plenty on the floor to clean up. I quickly ran in and changed my shirt and then headed downstairs and got Jared cleaned up. This is a pretty normal routine around our house in the mornings and so it wasn't much of a big deal. When I got down stairs Jeff was there and this is the conversation that we then had....

Jeff: "Did Jared just throw up?"

Me: "Yes and it was a big one. My shirt was soaked through and there is still some on the floor to clean up."

Jeff: "Sorry."

Me: "I actually like the throw up from this new formula much better. It doesn't have curds and isn't as thick and smelly as the old one. It's just liquid and doesn't smell too bad."

Jeff: "That is a strange comment to make."

Me: "It is ?" Oh, I guess I just had to find the good in the experience. You know, glass half full."

Jeff: "It's still weird."

Only those who deal with vomit and poop on a constant, daily basis can truly appreciate the blessing of better vomit. This conversation kind of sums up my life. There are always good things to find and be grateful for, even if it is better throw-up! LOL!!!!!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I so understand! I will never be able to smell French Vanilla the same way again.

Kaidence's Mommy said...

Ok, totaly funny because Mike and I had the EXACT SAME conversation last night. Kaidence has been throwing up and had the poopies as well. I told Mike that I liked the Pediasure throw up so much better than regular milk because it did not have curds and its smell had a scent of the vanillla flavoring. We are weird aren't we? Just part of the daily norm. We were just admitted into the hospital today for the throwing up and everything else.