Thursday, April 10, 2008

The last couple of days have been rather boring! Can you believe that? Boring in the Call family is rather unusual and I don't really know what to do with myself! I really have been quite unmotivated this week. Last week was so crazy that I seem to not know how to do just normal stuff. There are plenty of household tasks I could take care of but somehow I just can't seem to get going. We are very excited though, because we will be spending the first week of May as a family at Camp Sunshine in Wisconsin. Camp Sunshine is a camp for seriously ill children and their families. We have to get ourselves there (Jeff's sky miles helped with that), but the camp is then free for us to attend. We get to stay in nice cabins and they feed you and there are activities and an indoor water park. I found it on-line and after the Jared's doctors sent a bunch of information in we were accepted! Jared won't remember much but I think that it will be great for the other kids to spend time with kids that have had the same experiences with a sick sibling. They are so excited! And the best part is that the camp is only 90 mins. away from where my sister Erika lives so we get to see her too! It will be a much needed get away for all of us and we are just praying that Jared will stay healthy and that we can get Tyler a little more stable so that we can have a wonderful time!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I have read about this camp. I am on a yahoo group that the moderator volunterrs or does something there and many of the people on the group talk about it and recommend going. I am glad that you got back with me. We have not had to deal with the BK virus so that is new to me. Sorry, if it was dealing with a PICC line I could help you.

Sorry, you are going through some tough times with your oldest. Have you talked to Pam? She may be able to offer some suggestions to help you out also.

I love blogging and browsing. It definately is a time waster though. I will answer any questions as long as I have the answer.

Are you going to the support group meeting next week? I want to go but I am not sure yet if I can. They will be talking about using COTA and we have been using them for Kayden and Pam wanted me to talk about it. Just was wondering if you are going?

Talk to ya later...

Tammy