Monday, October 6, 2014

Unchanging

Sometimes the state of the world and our country scare me.  Today was one of those days when I just had to turn off the news and not listen any more.  The world is just getting more wicked and confused by the day and it is especially difficult to see our country getting so lost.  There are some scary things out there and today I just wanted to pretend that none of it was happening.  And so what do I do when panic starts to set in?  I remember all of the talks given in General conference this weekend.  So many wonderful talks meant to encourage, uplift, remind and teach.  There were several talks about how our Heavenly Father has promised that if we will listen to the prophets voice, that we will be listening to him!  The organization of the church is set up so that we can never be led astray if we listen and do what the prophets tell us to do.  And that is the beautiful thing about the gospel.  The doctrine and truths of the gospel are unchanging.  God is unchanging.  So, when the rest of the world is reeling with change, I can rely in the knowledge that if I listen to the words of the Lord, that everything will be ok.  Jared asked me again today when Jesus will be coming back and that he misses him.  I am with you Jared.  I miss him too.


“The Lord’s house is a house of order and we need never be deceived about where to look for answers to our questions, or uncertain about which voice to follow. We need not be ‘tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine.’ God reveals His word through His ordained servants, ‘For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God.’ When we choose to live according to the words of the prophets, we are on the covenant path that leads to eternal perfection.”
Carol F. McConkie (First Counselor, General Young Women’s Presidency)

No comments: