Monday, May 20, 2013

May the Force Be With You


The Children's Hospital is undergoing some renovations over the next year and because nasty bugs can hide in walls and possibly be released in the air when they are knocked down, all transplant patients are required to wear masks at the hospital for the next little while.  It has been a while since Jared had to wear one of these but he was cooperative as usual.  At his last transplant clinic, as I was checking him in, he came up to me and said, "Mom, I look like Darth Vader!"  He was currently in a Star Wars obsession so it was a logical comparison.  The ladies at the check-in desk thought that he was so cute and were impressed with how he turned a not so nice situation into a positive.  For the rest of clinic he told people that he was Darth Vader and they played along and referred to him as such.  As we were playing along with him I told him that I hoped that he was the "good Darth Vader" and he politely told me that no, he was the "evil Darth Vader"  It was so funny how he said it.  He would come up to me and quietly, under his breath he would say, "I am Darth Vader Mommy, and I am still evil."  He would then do the Darth Vader breathing sound.  He kept all of us smiling at clinic that day although I am still hoping that he will be the "good Darth Vader" next time!

No comments: