Thursday, September 8, 2011

Faith

I have always known, but have better come to understand just recently, how important it is to truly place our faith in Heavenly Father's plan. There are so many times when I feel inadequate, tired, frustrated, lonely, and overwhelmed and I wonder if I can keep on going. The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that I know, without a doubt, that Heavenly Father will not give me more than I can handle and that he is always there to help me. Sometimes I question that "give me more than I can handle" part, but I truly believe that somehow everything will work out.

During our layover last Saturday as Alyssa and I were coming home from Cleveland, I started noticing what looked like insect bites on my arms. They were itchy but I didn't think much about them. On Sunday I had large patches of what kind of looked like hives on my stomach, back, arms, and neck. They were so itchy and seemed to be getting worse. A neighbor thought that they could be my body's reaction to the stress of the week. By Monday they were bigger and were resembling what looked like bulls eyes. At this point I was starting to get a little worried and since it was Labor Day I decided to go to the insta-care. The Dr. there thought it looked like a rash that you get when you have Lyme's disease. Lyme's Disease! I don't ever remember being bitten by a tick! But that is what I have. I know several people who have lime disease and they have had an extremely difficult time, so I started to panic a little. There is know way that I can get seriously ill! There are too many in my home that need my care. What would we do?


I came home and spent hours researching and there is no doubt that this is what I have. My rash looks exactly like it and it is very unique to Lyme. They say that less than 50% of people with Lyme's Disease remember being bit by a tick. But luckily there is treatment to hopefully stop the progression. I am now on a high dose of an antibiotic for the next three weeks. The statistics are very positive if the disease is caught and treated correctly in its early stages, so hopefully this yucky rash will soon be a memory, but it is very nerve racking, wondering if I will start seeing other symptoms. When I saw my family doctor today, this was the first time that he has seen Lyme's Disease. And I was the lucky one to show it to him! :)

I feel like it is a blessing that I did manifest with the rash, otherwise I could have gotten sick and we would have no idea what was causing it. So, I am going to count my blessings and pray that we have caught it soon enough and that it will respond to medication. It has been a rough few days as this has been added to our already very long list of worries, but then I remember the promises that Heavenly Father has given me, and peace is found. The future is always uncertain, but with faith, anything can be overcome.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

My goodness, the fun never ends for you! Just catching up on all of your blog posts and sending some prayers your way. I'm not too far away . . . would love to see you!

Smilen Champ said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and i came across your site. Wow your family is full of struggles and challenges. But you are all full of strength, courage, fight, love, Joy, happiness and determination. Your kids are brave warriors, smilen champs and you and your kids are inspirational hero's. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and 12 other medical conditions. You and your kids will be in my thoughts and prayers. www.miraclechamp.webs.com