The ER was packed when we got there and I was so worried that it would take forever to get him back and away from all of the germs, but apparently, if you are a transplant patient with a super high temperature and an elevated heart rate and respiratory rate you get red flagged and we were back in a room within minutes. There are some perks to being a transplant patient! :) They got an IV in him quickly and have sent out cultures of every body fluid that he has. We got up to a room at about 1 am and here we are!
They started IV antibiotics last night and he is doing so much better today. He has been fever free all afternoon and looks so much better. We are just waiting for the results from the cultures but his labs are looking good. Hopefully we'll have a better idea of what we are dealing with soon. I'm just so relieved to see him doing so much better. He was so miserable last night.
Jared is amazing. He is so strong and brave. We've had to put two IVs in already because the first one failed this morning and each time he was so good and would look at me with tears in his eyes and say, "I be happy mommy. I be happy". He has been such a trooper and handles all of this so well. I'm so grateful for this wonderful hospital and for the amazing people that work here. It truly is a special place and our home away from home. We have had all of our friends from transplant clinic stop by to visit and we know our way around. I remember the first day that I walked through these doors on the day that they transported Jared here when he was just a few days old. It was so scary and full of so many unknowns. So much of Jared's four years of life have been spent in these walls. PCMC has been an integral part of our lives and I feel so blessed that we have this amazing hospital full of amazing people that have helped our Jared in so many ways.
Well, time to get back to my Jer Bear. We are about to watch Space Buddies for the seventh time today! :) Hopefully we will have a good night and will know more tomorrow.






3 comments:
Poor Guy, I hope that you get to come home soon!
Oh, Man... I'm so sorry. We'll be praying for Jared at our house. And Alyssa, too! And I ran into Laurie Adams at Kohler's. Her granddaughter has seizures and she said if you call her, she'll put you in touch with them. Maybe they have some advice or info for you. Good luck, Girl! And you TOTALLY need a vacation, huh?
Wow. I'm so glad you were able to get him quickly to PCMC. That's certainly the best place he could be. We'll be thinking of you all and praying for you. Hang in there Jared!
Post a Comment