Sunday, September 27, 2009

A First

Jared looking so handsome and ready for his first day of Primay! (He's saying "cheese")


Jared went to Primary (our church children's program) for the first time today! We have kept him home for the past four years to keep him healthy and away from germs, but now that he is older, it was time. Our Primary presidency has been fantastic to work with in preparing for Jared to attend. They have called a darling girl to be his aide. She will always be with him and will help him to slowly make the adjustment to being there. She will take him out when he is getting restless and play with him and help him with whatever he may need. We are also having a meeting with the parents of the other children in his class to help reiterate the importance of keeping their child home if they are at all sick. Everyone has been so kind and understanding of him and are just as excited to have him there as we are. He is ready and they are ready for him!





He looked so tiny sitting on his chair but he had a grin on his face that lit up the room. He was so excited to be with the other kids, and his aide said that he did really well. They took several walks and toy breaks but he made it though the two hours just fine. I can't believe that he is even old enough to be in primary. He skipped the nursery stage and he has missed almost all of the first year of primary and so it seems strange to have him there all of a sudden. But, that is the way it has been with Jared. It was the same way with pre-school. My baby is suddenly a big boy! I know that I have been spoiled because he has been my "baby" for longer than most, but it is still happening too fast! It is wonderful to see him participating in "normal" activities. There were times that I never thought that it would happen. What a blessing this little boy has been to us. I love him so much and I am so proud to be his mommy!

4 comments:

Christina said...

The whole family at church, amazing. I am so glad your ward is doing so much to help. The one on one aide is a great idea and will really make a big difference. I am interested to see what this winter will bring and really hope people keep their sick children home!

Hugs & Prayers,
Christina

Lori said...

That is wonderful news!!! WE can't wait to see you all at Thanksgiving and Makayla can't wait to play with her cousins again!

Anna said...

Wow, how exciting! I can't believe how grown up Jared looks now. I'm glad to hear how helpful everyone is being to help him be at church.

Krista said...

Oh he looks soooo handsome! We sure miss all of you! We're so excited to come for Christmas. It looks like you guys are doing pretty good. LOve you!