Friday, June 26, 2009

Calming Down

Things have calmed down ALOT the last two weeks. After the crazy month before, it has been nice but strange too. Sometimes I don't know what to do with myself when things are calm and quiet! The kids are enjoying summer. It is nice to just relax a little bit and just enjoy life.

Jared is doing so well right now! He has adjusted beautifully to his hearing aids and is so full of life right now! He is constantly making us laugh at the silly things he says and with the cute expressions on his face. His walking is getting better and better and he is so proud of this new skill he has acquired. Sometimes when he is walking, he comes up to me and says, "I Walking!", with his face just lit up with joy. He is such a happy little soul. He also loves to swing and would swing all day if I would push him all day! He loves to be pushed up high and he always yells, "I so high!!!!!!" He is just blooming right now. He is speaking more, walking more and being silly more. Jeff and I look at him all of the time and are just so happy to see HIM so happy! We are so blessed to have him in our lives.

We got the results back from Jared's bone marrow tests and everything looks normal. That is a big relief, but that means that it is the medicine that is causing his ANC to be so low all of the time. At this point the hematologist wants to just forget about it for awhile and see how he does. If he starts having a lot of infections then we will reopen the issue. So, for now, we let him be as normal of a kid as possible and keep a watchful eye for any sign of infection. We are praying that he will continue to handle the low counts as well as he has thus far!

The last month was a hard one. I was so stressed about all that was going on and worried about Jared. Tyler was struggling again with his anxiety and Alyssa, as always, just needed some attention. I was exhausted and overwhelmed. Now that things have calmed down I am doing great. I love my kids! They are beautiful, wonderful kids! And they are perfect just the way they are! Although Jared does have obvious problems, he radiates happiness and joy. Perfect strangers are enchanted by him and he just makes you smile when he is around. People come up to me all of the time to just tell me how cute and sweet he is. If he can make people smile and make them feel happy by just being near him, then he has such a wonderful purpose in life! I am grateful for all that he is teaching me.

Life is good!

2 comments:

jmuchy said...

Glad to hear that things are going well for all of you. Sure wish we lived closer so that we could get together again. If you ever make it back to WI, let us know...

Hugs,
the Uchytils

misha~sha-sha said...

I'm so glad to read this post and know that things have settled down for you. Don't say that out loud, though! ;)