Tuesday, September 2, 2008

So Tired!

The weeks are going by so quickly and I have been so tired that I just haven't gotten to my blog lately. Jared is still not sleeping very well and he likes to begin his day between 5:30 and 6:00 am which is much to early for me. I'm wondering why sleep deprivation has to be a part of motherhood. It is hard enough when you are fresh and well rested, let alone when you are exhausted. Oh well, we keep taking each day at a time.

Jared is doing well. His ANC (a part of his white blood count) was still low last week even after the shots so we had more labs done today in hopes that they will be back up. If not, then it will be more shots for Jared. He really is an amazing little trooper though and despite his broken leg, he has decided that it might be time to learn how to crawl! He is slow and can't do it for very long but he is actually facing the ground! He is keeping busy and has quite the mind of his own these days.

Alyssa absolutely LOVES school. She is such a social little thing and has more friends than she can count. She loves learning and told me today that the best part of her day was going to school and the worst part of her day was having to leave school. I only hope that this enthusiasm lasts through college!!!

Tyler is doing sooooo much better than I thought that he would be doing. I look back on last year and sometimes wonder how we all got through it. Tyler was so sad and angry and just not himself. Before school started I was worried that he would be the same but I kept telling him that he is doing so much better now with the new meds. that he is on, that it would be a completely different year. He was pretty nervous but is doing great. He still doesn't have a lot of friends but he is at least going and not calling me to come and pick him up every hour of the day. Boy has he come a long way. I LOVE having my Tyler back! It scared me so much not knowing if we would ever find him again.

Jeff is as busy as always. I don't know how he can work so many long, long, long hours day after day after day. He is great and I love him so much.

I have several projects that I want to get working on. I was in a restless mood last week and ended up painting my laundry room in brightly colored polka dots! I'm not sure where that inspiration came from but it looks cute. I'm know that Jeff wishes that I would work on other unfinished projects but I guess that I needed a little outlet last week. I'm am now going to redecorate Jared's room for his birthday. Now that he is almost three I guess he has outgrown the baby theme. We'll see how it all turns out!

2 comments:

jmuchy said...

Had to laugh about your sleep deprevation and motherhood. Somehow they seem to go hand-in-hand don't they. Hope Jared counts come up soon. Glad Alyssa is enjoying school. (Maria says HI!) And glad to hear Tyler is doing well. (Matthew says HI!)

Take Care, the Uchytils

Krista said...

Bec.. sounds like everything is going good for you and your family. I WISH we could come out for Christmas. It breaks my heart to know we won't see you until summer!